Wednesday, January 9, 2013

If I & Fractured - A New One Shot and Sneak Peek by MP


Supporting the Creativity of 
Readers, Writers, Artists and Free Thinkers






 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the  property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




A sneak peek into a new fanfiction.
(Excerpts from several chapters)

Fractured by MP

(F)

Our gathered group seemed to be holding their breath. I was sure they could hear my heart beating and my breath coming out in struggled gasps while I watched my world crumble. I’d seen it before. I knew exactly what had just happened, even if I didn’t understand how it was possible.

I could feel myself becoming lightheaded as realization dawned. Every moment in my life for the last year had been built on a lie. I was never his, he was never truly mine. No, he belonged to this woman whose name I didn’t know and whose face I didn’t recognize.

I wanted to protest. I wanted to scream. Instead, I stood frozen; a voyeur, watching my dreams and hopes scatter in the wind that rushed through the forest, whipping the trees into a haunting song.


 (F)

The hottest fucking car I’ve ever laid eyes on roared down the road, the engine screaming as it made its entrance into La Push. I darted into the trees in order to run without being noticed. I wanted to see where this fuck me, piece of machinery was headed. The tires squealed when the driver skidded into the parking lot pulling a maneuver I’ve only ever seen in the movies and then reversed the car perfectly into a parking space.

Red cowboy boots stepped out, followed by mile long legs and a perfect round ass encased in skin tight jeans. Copper shoulders peeked out from beneath a black tank top. Ravens wing black hair spilled down the strangers’ back hitting at her tiny waist. The wind shifted and the most intoxicating scent of honeysuckle assaulted me.

Turn around, please turn around.

The stranger shut the car door and turned, scanning the forest in front of her. Everything in my life ceased to exist except for this woman. My parents, my siblings, my pack, none of it mattered anymore. She was beautiful, her eyes were deep pools of onyx, her lips were uneven, the bottom just slightly fuller than the top and the color of bubble gum. She was Native, but I’d never seen her before. I wondered if she was from the Makah reservation like my mother. My eyes followed her as she made her way down the street, and into the festival area.

I watched from the shelter of the forest as she went from booth to booth. She seemed to be looking for something or someone.

Weaving my way through the crowds of people and walked just a few feet behind my beautiful stranger.

(F)


I couldn’t stay away any longer. I needed to see him. I needed him to deny me as he looked me in the eye. I’d been planning this over a year. I deserved answers. My mom deserves a hell of alot more, but she would never be given what she was owed. I’d take mine and share it with her.

People stopped to stare at me as I walked down the street. I knew what they were thinking. I could see it in their wide eyes. I looked just like her. My hair matched hers, from the raven color to the length. My eyes were hers as well, big and dark, framed with coal black lashes. My skin was the same copper as hers had been.

It didn’t matter that my mother was white, I looked like her, and I got that from him.

Grandpa Charlie told me about her, her beauty, her kindness and big heart. I thought she sounded a lot like my own mother.

I could hear the whispers falling from slackened jaws, the questions slipping from the lips of those I passed.

(F)


When I was six my best friend Macy broke her arm. She told me how her dad went to the hospital and helped her pick out a pink cast. He drew a heart on it and then bought her ice cream.

I thought if I broke my arm too, then you would come. So I climbed up to the very top of the jungle gym at recess and jumped off. I broke my arm in two places.

It hurt so bad, but I didn’t cry.

I didn’t cry because I knew you would come. I would get to see my dad. I just knew it. I had it all planned. We would eat  ice cream, and you would help me pick out my cast and then you would draw a heart on it, just like Macy’s dad had done.


 But, you never came.


Instead I got red cast, because they didn’t have pink. Grandpa brought me popsicles and mom drew flowers all over my cast.




(F)


We took our seats in the council hall, I watched as she strolled to the front of the room. You couldn’t tell she was half white; her skin was the color of pure copper. Her hair was as dark as a raven’s wing and her eyes were black as coal. She stood at least 5’8 with a toned body. She was silent in her walk, linear in her movements.


Fuck me, she was a wolf.



ooo0000ooo


 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the  property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.
No copyright infringement is intended.

If I had only known by Reba McEntire

If Only 

The beginning was blurry, the details forgotten over the years.
But the ending… he remembered everything.


He felt her the second she crossed onto his land.

Standing atop the cliff looking out over his home, his tribe, his people. His mind playing scenes from too many years ago. The memories were so vivid it was as if he had been transported back in time. He could still hear her heartbeat in his ears, feel her breath on his skin. Her scent lingered in his soul.

She haunted him.


He stared out at the waters of First Beach. While the tide rolled in leaving pebbles and seashells as a memento to it’s visit.

The black sky posed as a canvas for his memories.

If I had only known
It was the last walk in the rain
I’d keep you out for hours in the storm


The rain fell heavily as she stopped and offered him a ride. They had driven miles toward nowhere when he finally glanced at her. She had felt his eyes on her.

When she turned to meet his stare, he knew.
 They had both been left.

That was the day it all began.
They had clung to each other while their hearts bled and slowly began to heal.

Together.


He heard a twig snap from behind him. He didn’t have to turn around to know who had found him. He knew they would send someone to look for him.

I would hold your hand
like a lifeline to my heart

They had never revealed their relationship. It was theirs and theirs alone.
As long as no one knew, they wanted to believe that they could keep the monsters and magic from destroying them both.

It had been naive.

He could almost feel her soft lips on his as he remembered their first kiss. Her skin had been as soft as silk.

He slowly turned to look at his pack mate.


Softer than a whisper he heard the warrior beside him.

“I’m the only one that ever knew. I saw you together once... You chose her. You loved her.”

Underneath the thunder we’d be warm
If I had only known

His unshed tears glistened under the moonlight.
“Is she happy?”


It was our last walk in the rain
“Are you?”


His eyes closed as he pictured her own smiling back at him, laughing with him, loving him.
He could almost see her.

Her mouth had tasted of ripe strawberries.
What was born of hurt and betrayal had grown into a friendship he never could have imagined and a love which  had inspired him.


If I had only known
I’d never hear your voice again


His pack mate stared at him with shared heartache.
“They’re looking for you.”

Side by side. Duty, tradition and tribal pride had cost them all more than could ever be repaid.


I’d memorize each thing you ever said
And on those lonely nights
I could think of them once more

As the two protectors stopped at the edge of the forest, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Looking at his pack sister he saw his own heartbreak reflected in her eyes.

They were the same.

The hardened warrior looked at him with understanding and sympathy.
“I am sorry.”

He stopped in his tracks as she came into view. Sitting  beside her father, she was as beautiful as his memories.

Keep your words alive inside my head
If I had only known
I’d never hear your voice again

Staring off into the empty space. Her own memories playing out before her eyes.
There was no place on this sacred land that did not remind her of him.

The beach they had walked on hand in hand when no one was watching.
The forest they stole away to when they wanted to hide from the world around them.
The old oak tree he carved her name into, the same tree they stood under as he said he loved her for the first time.

Their ghosts lingered in the breeze.

You were the treasure in my hand
You were the one who always stood beside me

Slowly toward the celebration. His heart thumped loudly in his chest.

Twenty years...


The sun had been shining on the day it happened. Had he known what the ancestors had planned, he would have ran. He would have taken her and fled.

One Look.

So unaware I foolishly believed
That you would always be there
But then there came a day
And I turned my head and you slipped away



The only other person who knew his secret watched with resignation. His own eyes shone with tears he would never let her see.

She stood there watching as another piece of his soul was stripped. Another beat of his heart lost to duty.

She had been born his duty.

His body moved with hesitated determination. He walked toward her.
She had known. She had always known. Some secrets cannot be hidden.

She knew it would never be her that he loved.
He had chosen long before she was ever born.

She was his free will.

If I had only known it was my last night by your side
I’d pray a miracle would stop the dawn


The smile never met his eyes.
But he always offered one to her.
He tried.

She knew what she had to do.

And when you’d smile at me
I would look into your eyes

She offered him her own smile in return, and while it hurt, it was a genuine smile.
She was going to right a wrong.

And make sure you knew my love
For you goes on and on


She walked forward, only stopping when she stood before her.
“He carries a picture of the two of you in his wallet. He doesn’t know that I know.”

She watched as her eyes filled with tears.

“He chose you.”

From across the room he saw the two women talking.
Making his way to them, he could feel everyone’s eyes on the the three of them.

He loved her.
He stared at her. Every emotion he’d buried from his friends, his pack, his family on display.
His eyes shouted to the room the secret he had kept for twenty years.

The murmurs of the pack were white noise in his ears as her scent washed over his being.

“I release you.”

He turned to look at the young beauty before him. Her eyes clouded with tears.

“I release you,” She repeated.

The footfalls of the pack and elders echoed in the now silent room.

“I...” he attempted to speak.

“I love you and you love me, but not like that.”

Claire had grown up.

“I release you.”

“I’m giving you what never should have been taken from you, from her... from me. Freedom.”

When he turned to look at her, tears streamed down her face. She was afraid this was another dream.


He looked at her, eyes full of hope. “Be happy,” he whispered placing a kiss to her forehead.

If I had only known


“Go.” Leah whispered, tears in her eyes. “Go and never look back.”

He held his hand out for her.
They left and never returned.

They clung to each other as their hearts bled and slowly began to heal.
Together.

If I had only known