Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Teaser for Inexplicable Love

We're always on the prowl for something new to read and bet you are too!  Our friends over at FWAR have us covered!  Check out Inexplicable Love by Leola Mae.  Don't forget to leave behind your thanks in the form of a review!
 
 

Banner made by Marie O'Grady

Beta'd and pre-read the in lovely ladies of FWAR: OTB, Leech Lover, Fang Me, and Keye


To read Inexplicable Love in it's entirety, visit Free Writer's and Reader's.  Inexplicable Love can also be found on Fanfiction.net


Chapter 1


How much was one person supposed to take?


The fever overtook me a week ago. Because I was a girl, no one considered the possibility that it was anything other than a normal virus. The boys around the res were flipping like pancakes, all with the same symptoms as me. But when I got a fever, I got sent to bed with some medication instead of into the woods where the others could help me. I stayed there for a few days, getting hotter and hotter, until I couldn’t take it any longer.


“Mom,” I called, staggering out of my room, down the hall and into the living room, my comfy pj's and t-shirt soaked through with sweat. “Mom!”


“She’s gone to the store. Do you need something?” Dad asked.


“Dad, I . . .” I swayed a little. It was so damned hot in the house. I was shaking, trembling all over. Wasn’t that what people did when they got fevers? But I thought I was supposed to feel cold, not so damned hot. “I really don’t feel well. I think I need to go to the hospital.”


I barely got the words out before the bone-rattling vibrations began. The urge to stretch out as far as I could pushed at my skin from the inside. Flesh prickling itchiness burst out all over my body. I squeezed my eyes shut against the sensations. When I opened them again my dad was on the floor, fallen backwards over the ottoman. His head lay against the leg of the coffee table; his eyes were closed.


Dad! DAD!” I tried to scream but all I could hear was a deafening, yelping noise. When I tried to lift my hands to cover my ears, I realized I couldn’t, not without falling down. I was standing on four legs now, instead of two.